Saturday, February 28, 2009


*side note: crummy pic, because I took it with my cell phone.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"
2 Cor. 5:17

Since we moved into our home in November, I have been out in our backyard and noticed this plant many times. There are so many plants in our backyard that have looked dead since we moved in, and honestly I've just wanted to tear them out, BUT... Dave and I decided that we would keep all the plants in for a year just to see what each plant looks like in each season. For some reason though, I have always noticed this one specific plant. It has always looked especially dead, and ugly to me. The other day, I was out in the yard with Emmi, and yet again I noticed this plant, and saw that there were little buds of green leaves starting to grow. In that moment, God reminded me how I was the same way. I was dead, and ugly in my sins, but he came and showered his grace upon me, and it brought new life to me. What a sweet moment. Thank you Lord, for those little moments in life, that a hear you speak to me in such a clear way.... all I can say is thank you, LORD.

No comments: