Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Smoothie? Yes please!



Have I told you how much I love smoothies? Well I do! Smoothies are awesome because 1) they taste incredible! 2) they are a great way to get a lot of fruit down that I wouldn't normally be able to chew and eat (does that make sense? hehe! Its easier to drink a bunch of fruit than it is to eat it) and 3) They are full of nutrients, as well as a great way to get your daily dose lauric acid by adding coconut oil.

All you need for a smoothie is: fruit (fresh/frozen or both), yogurt, juice, and coconut oil. You can do any combinations really, but here are a few of my favorites...


PURPLE SMOOTHIE

handful of blueberrys (I use frozen)
4-5 strawberrys (I use frozen)
half an apple
juice and zest of one orange
2 tbsp coconut oil
4-7 tbsp plain yogurt

ORANGE SMOOTHIE

4-5 strawberrys (I use frozen)
4-5 chunks mango (I use frozen)
half an apple
juice and zest of one orange
2 tbsp coconut oil
4-7 tbsp plain yogurt
2-3 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes


UPDATE: After I posted this I was notified by my dear husband that my smoothie names weren't that creative- obvious, I know. Anyway, why don't you try these recipes and let me know what you think they should be called. Give me some ideas, people! :-) Ready! Set! Go!

No comments: