Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A bit of new-ish news...

Yes. I'm still alive.
We have had a small bit of new news with our adoption journey so I thought I'd take a quick moment to share.

The Uganda program at our agency is taking a bit longer to get going than they had originally thought. Because of that we have decided to stay with the Uganda program but also to start pursuing fos-adopt, and birth relinquishment simultaneously. Whichever program refers a baby/ies to us first, then the other two programs will become void at that point.

Did you notice that I said baby/ies? When we started pursuing our Ugandan adoption we said that we were willing to take twins. However, twins are not very commonly up for adoption in Uganda. With fos-adopt you have a higher chance of getting a younger baby if you are willing to take siblings (ex: a 1 year old baby and 3 year old sibling). So... We are willing! We are willing to accept whomever and however many God will give us!

Anyway, that's my short update. Will you please continue to pray for us as we continue this crazy journey of bringing our baby/ies home?


3 comments:

Jamie McClay said...

I am so very happy to hear this!!! Beyond excited for you! God has an amazing plan and I can't wait to see it unfold! Praying you have news soon! And just an extra bit of joy, we are doing our 3rd adoption now so I remember to pray for you often as I ask God to grant me patience and faith as we go on our own journey I ask the same for you and your husband! If you ever need a friend to talk to about this please seek me out!!!

bjmcclay1016@sbcglobal.net

Jamie McClay said...

EEEEK! My heart is bursting with excitement for you! I just read your latest update on your timeline. I will be praying daily for the perfect match :)

walking in love said...

Hi Jamie! Thanks so much for your excitement and prayers! We really appreciate it :-) We go into our agency on the 22 of April to view the binders that contain childrens profiles. Until then, our SW is keeping her eyes open for us :-)
-jess