Friday, December 4, 2009

homemade lotion

hello folks! Two things:

1.) I just made my first order from http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/ and they are FABULOUS to work with! Check them out!

2.) With the ingredients I ordered from Mountain Rose I made some homemade lotion, and I want to share the recipe with you! I got the recipe from Lindsay at http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/


photo by Mountain Rose Herbs

Here is the recipe:

Shea Butter Lotion
1/8 cup coconut oil (extra virgin is preferred)
1/4 cup raw shea butter
3-4 Tablespoons talc-free cornstarch or arrowroot power (optional, to thicken)


Combine coconut oil and shea butter in a small bowl with a hand mixer or stick blender. You may have to soften the shea butter just slightly over very low heat in order to incorporate them well together, but it should combine well with a mixer. Add cornstarch or arrowroot a tablespoon at a time until you achieve the desired thickness.

Give it a try and let me know what ya think!

1 comment:

Troutwoman said...

I need to get my rear in gear and make some, too. I've had the shea butter and coconut oil around for weeks now!