Tuesday, December 7, 2010

praise




Hey all :-) As you know I had my another ct scan done last Thursday. Thanks to all of who have been praying for me. You have no idea how much it has meant to me to know that you are praying. All of your texts and emails have been so encouraging. Thank you.

So as I was saying, I went in last Thursday for another CT Scan. They told me that I would probably hear something back by Monday. So yesterday came and I still didn't hear anything. Today after lunch the Dr. finally called. She explained that the reason that it took so long was because the pulmonary doctor was spending some time comparing my ct scan from September to the one that they just did on Thursday to see if there were any changes in it. Then the pulmonary doc emailed my primary doc giving his recommendation but my primary doc didn't quite understand it... so she had to call the pulmonary doc and get a better explanation from him. Whew- that was a mouth full. Anyway... whatever it is that they saw on my lungs in September (they are calling it a 'density'.) has shrunk in size! The pulmonary doc said that he is confident that the density is healing and that in another 6-12 weeks it should be mostly gone or completely healed. However he did say that he wants me to come in to get one more blood test just to make sure they have covered all their bases. In 3 months I will come back into Kaiser for one last CT Scan to see if the density is healed. The Doc also said that in the meantime, if I come down with a fever or feel like my pneumonia is coming back that I need to come directly to the ER.

While I am super thankful that I heard good news, there is a little bit of me that is kinda bummed that it could be another 3 months of rib discomfort. I'm so tired of my body not feeling "normal". I know that God is directing my steps through this rough trail for my good and His glory... I believe Lord, but help my unbelief.


Thanks for the prayers. Love you, friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm glad everything is okay and healing. Keep taking good care of yourself. Even how you are emotional feeling can help improve your overall health. So just try to relax and take it easy upon yourself this holiday season! Merry Christmas!

-Mer