Saturday, May 2, 2009

Rainy Day


Here in California, we had a burst of heat for a few weeks and the temp was up into the 90's. I loved it. It was such a nice change from all the gloomy rainyness. But here we are a few weeks later and we are getting a few drizzles here and there. I'm not complaining. Its funny how when you get used to the weather being a certain way, and once it changes drastically you learn to love that weather. Anyway, I've been enjoying snuggleing up in my PJ'S with a cup of tea, as well as making my way outside when the rain decides to take a break to snap a few photos. I love the beautiful rain drops that God leaves on the leaves and flowers after the rain. I think its such a vivid reminder of God's grace and how it rains down upon us each day. I mean, grace is like the rain in that there is nothing we do to make it rain... we don't sing a special song and then all the sudden it rains. No, we don't even live life in such a way that makes us deserve rain. Yet, despite our depravity, and wretchedness, the rain still falls. Grace like rain falls on us, not because we sing a song, do a dance, or live in a way that makes us deserve it...it falls only because of a merciful God that loves us. Thank you LORD, for sending Your Son to die for us. We are but dirt...we are less than dirt. Thank you for saving us. Amen.

No comments: