Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Its grilling time, baby!

OK, so its summertime... time to fire up the grill!!!! Dave and I have this amazing local fruit/veg stand that we go to at least twice a week. The fruit/veg is so tasty that really, there is no excuse to not eat plenty of it during the summer- even if you are a picky eater like me. I would be seriously surprised if a person tasted one of their pluots and thought it was gross... these baby's are straight from heaven- no fooling!


Anyway... so lately our new addiction at Loretelli's is their freash corn on the cob! Its really quite tasty! At first, we started cooking it the usual way, of which I'm sure you are all familiar- BOILING it. Boiling corn on the cob is simple... fill a huge pot with water, let it come to a boil, stick the corn in and take it out once it changes to a bit lighter yellow/white. Put a slab of butter (and salt, if you're into that sort of thing) on it and you're good to go, right? Well, not so fast Sparky! My BRILLIANT husband and this crazy idea... what if we grilled the corn?! I'm sure that most of you have grilled corn like this;


But my husbands crazy idea was to shuck the corn BEFORE grilling it. At the time, I thought he was crazy. I thought the corn would dry out and be way to tough. It turned out the opposite. Its beautiful and tasty. Perfectly moist, crispy and tender. Just the way it is meant to be. The grill gives it a hint... such a perfect hint of smokeyness...its not over kill. I promise.


OK, so the way I like to eat it is like this; straight off the grill with a little butter. My amazingly smokin' hot husband likes to eat it straight off the grill with nothing on it- says the corn already tastes perfect without anything on it. Eat it however you like, but PLEASE, please just make sure to try this out. You won't regret it!

No comments: