Sunday, February 21, 2010

Boost that immune system!



As I'm sure you are all well aware of: it is indeed cold/flu season. And while it may be on the downside of the season its still a good idea to take those extra steps to stay healthy. One fabulous immune booster that I have stumbled upon is black elderberry syrup. Common uses for BES include the treatment of sore throats, and fevers however you can also use it as a preventative immune booster. You can take BES alone or you can put it into a warm tea. The best part is that you are not only getting the immune boosting results from it, but you aren't having to choke it down because it tastes so yummy! The best time to take BES is at the first sign of cold/flu.

More uses for BES;
Immune system boost, coughs, colds, flu, bacterial infections, viral infections, tonsilitis, lower cholesterol, improved vision and heart health. Infusions of the fruit are said to be beneficial for nerve disorders, back pain, and have been used to reduce inflammation of the urinary tract and bladder.

*ahem* I am not a Doctor... so I encourage you to check with a Doctor before taking ANY natural remedies, to make sure that it doesn't conflict with anything you are already taking. Just because something is natural doesn't mean that you can take however much of it that you want or that it can't have interactions with other medications. ALWAYS read the direction on a label before taking any!

That said, I have had great results with BES! Give it a try the next time you feel a cold/flu coming on!

love.,
jess

2 comments:

Troutwoman said...

I don't have a product to sell, but I can add my two cents about elderberry extract: The unscientific experiments conducted in my home conclude that it is an effective immune system supporter.

Jess, how does this one (Gaia) taste? Sambucol tastes pleasant and Quantum has a little bite because it contains some oils (peppermint, myrrh, thyme, eucalyptus) and alcohol.

walking in love said...

I love the Gaia brand! It tastes super yummy! I think they add honey to sweeten it. It really tastes like a berry syrup and not a medicinal syrup.