Monday, February 22, 2010

thankful



Your Word have I hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You. Blessed are you, O LORD! Teach me Your statutes.
Psalm 119: 11-12

I have started working on memorizing Psalm 119... I've only been working on it for about a week. But let me tell you it has been such a blessing! I've always been amazed at how the Psalmist has such a deep love for God's law. I mean, if I try to think of the last time that I really thanked God for His word, or laid awake at night thinking about God's word... nope never happened. Lately I've just been having really awesome times with God. I have really felt His Holy Spirit here with me, opening my eyes as I read His word. Now, when I read Psalm 119 I think that I'm KINDA starting to understand why the Psalmist loved God's law so much. When we pray and ask the Holy Spirit to fill us and open our eyes to see His Glory and to see His truth in His word, He is faithful! The LORD reveals who He is, His character, etc through His word, by the power of His Holy Spirit.

Thank you LORD, for your word!

Now go visit: http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/gratituesday-fruit-in-february and be encouraged by the thankfulness of others!

2 comments:

Jen said...

What a great post! I need to get to that point as well. Thank you for sharing.

wannabeaservant said...

Thanks sister for sharing your heart - and the pics.

U. Jay