Saturday, January 23, 2010

Buying Food... REAL Food


Here are a few rules of thumb that Mr. Pollan gives in his book for how to buy/eat food. I have found them very inspiring and helpful. So here they are;

Don't eat anything your great grandmother wouldn't recognize as food.

Avoid food products containing ingredients that are A) unfamiliar, B) unpronounceable, C) more than five in number, or that include C) high fructose corn syrup.

Avoid food products that make health claims.

Shop the peripheries of the supermarket and stay out of the middle.

Get out of the supermarket whenever possible.

2 comments:

Lacee said...

hey did you see this guy on Oprah yesterday? He was talking about his rules. I wasn't able to eat dinner after.

walking in love said...

I did see him on Oprah! I don't normally watch that show, but I do like to watch it when she has specials on health. I think this guy has some really really important things to say about food- he is awesome! I do not agree with his spiritual views but thats another story :-)
<3 ya lace!