Saturday, January 16, 2010
some changes that we've made
Because it’s a new year… because its January… I’ve been thinking a lot about last year and all the changes that we have made. So I thought I’d try to make a list to give me an idea of the progress we made. Here it is;
1. Making all of my own cleaning products (still working on laundry and dish soap recipes)
2. Making & using homemade deodorant and lotion
3. Making MOST recipes healthful and by scratch
4. Only using whole grains
5. Making all of our bread by hand. Here is my Honey Whole Wheat Bread recipe:
6. Using the soaking method on most of my grains and beans
7. Buying mostly organic and the important things like; milk, eggs, etc. Eventually I’d like to buy raw milk and grass-fed meat.
8. Taking probiotics and vitamins every day.
9. Trying to buy in bulk when I can (coconut oil, flour, etc)
10. Get up early every morning to spend time with the Lord.
Thats about all I could come up with for now. If I think of any more then I will add them :-) All in all, I think we've made some progress. If it wasn't for the Lord, we really wouldn't have been able to do any of it. So ALL the thanks goes to him! There is still many changes I'd like to make, and Lord willing we will accomplish them this year.